Well the holiday season is upon us. Time for a relaxing evening with great friends, yummy food and maybe a cocktail or two. This drink is perfect for this purpose! Plus it’s vegan..
It’s a simple recipe but very fresh with a little kick. While this one calls for vodka (which is vegan) you can certainly make it virgin if you choose.. your call. It will keep in the fridge for a few days but it probably won’t last that long. Making it a day ahead before serving will also give the flavours a chance to meld together in a nice way.. just leave out the vodka until right before you serve it. Well let’s get to it so you can start drinking!
Vegan Caesar Cocktail
6 cups organic tomato juice
2 cups chopped roma tomatoes
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. fresh dill
1 tsp. dulce flakes
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Add tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, celery salt, garlic powder, dill, dulce flakes, salt and cayenne pepper into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a large glass pitcher and add tomato juice.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined
4. On a flat plate pour a good amount of mixed celery salt and sea salt for the rim of your glasses
5. Run a wedge of lime around the edge of your glass to wet it. Then dip the rim into the salt mixture so it sticks.
6. Place ice cubes into each serving glass to 3/4 full.
7. Pour an ounce or two of vodka into each glass. This step is totally optional. Virgin Caesars with this mix is equally as delicious!
8. Fill each glass to the top with your tomato mix.
9. Garnish with a celery stick and a wedge of lime.
10. Serve immediately.
This will get you in the holiday spirit I just know it. Add more or less cayenne depending on your spiciness level. Switch up the garnish... a skewer of olives, pickles or even vegan cheese cubes would be tasty and fun. And remember add vodka or don’t, it’s equally delicious either way! Please comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Love you guys, Karen 🌱
Karen Rousseau is The Vegan Hippie-Chick. Her vegan journey started in 2011 with a passion for uncovering why so many people were getting sick... could it be something in our food? And why was our beautiful planet earth looking so gloomy? And so began her deliciously plant-based recipe creations, comic book cookbook series, YouTube channel, activism and social media communities to help her connect with like minded peeps determined to save the planet, the animals and ourselves!!