These truffles are easy to make and a must have at all your parties this holiday season! So decadent and so yum!! 3 variations shown here, but the possibilities are endless be creative! Want the recipe?...
Who wants chocolate? I do I do! These are really easy to make but don’t tell anyone they’ll think you’re a gourmet chef. All you do is make a basic ganache chill to firm it up, scoop, roll in toppings.. that’s it. These would be lovely with sparkling wine or champaigne.. oh my yes! And yes they’re pretty healthy too.
The centres of these chocolates are melt in your mouth. The coatings I’ve chosen here have a nice flavour contrast. But you could use so many different things to coat them. Adding things to the ganache filling would be nice too. So here’s the recipe..
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
1 cup cacao powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp. cacao powder (for rolling)
2 tbsp. matcha powder (for rolling)
2 tbsp. sliced toasted almonds (for rolling)
1. Add cacao, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and almond milk into a double boiler.
2. Whisk mixture until everything is combined and creamy smooth.
3. Cover and place mixture in the freezer to firm up completely around 30 min. or so.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet separated so they don’t stick. Place back in the freezer for 10 more min. To firm back up.
5. Divide balls in 3 groups and roll them in each of the toppings to coat.
6. Serve immediately or store in a covered container in the freezer for later.
Feel free to add your favourite coatings to switch it up. You could use icing sugar, toasted coconut, sprinkles or nuts. Use your imagination. Please comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy! Love you guys, Karen 🌱
Karen Rousseau is The Vegan Hippie-Chick. Her vegan journey started in 2011 with a passion for uncovering why so many people were getting sick... could it be something in our food? And why was our beautiful planet earth looking so gloomy? And so began her deliciously plant-based recipe creations, comic book cookbook series, YouTube channel, activism and social media communities to help her connect with like minded peeps determined to save the planet, the animals and ourselves!!