Who says a sinful dessert can’t also be good for you? This one is over-the-top yummy!! It’s easy to make, fresh and smells so good! This is a great party treat. It will look like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours but only YOU will know that’s not true. The compliments will be flying and your guests won’t know they’re eating something vegan. It’s raw, it’s gluten free and low in fat.. well, there are nuts in it so it’s got the good kind of fat.. :-)
RAW Carrot Cake Bites:
Serves: 12 mini cakes
2) Next, add some raw walnuts, medjool dates, coconut flakes, cinnamon and maple syrup in a food processor along with the carrots you just grated and pulse until you combine to form a course textured mixture. This will be your carrot cake dough.
3) When your dough is ready… get a mini muffin baking tray, fill each one up and press the mixture down to about the 3/4 full mark. Leave a bit of space for your cashew cream cheese frosting.. the best part!!
Cashew Cream Cheeze Frosting
2) Drizzle a spoonful of the cashew cream cheese frosting on top of each mini carrot cake just slightly over the top. Smells so good.. trust me!!
3) Carefully place a walnut or two in the centre of each mini carrot cake.. makes for a nice little finishing touch to the final product.
4) Put the completed tray of mini carrot cakes in the freezer for about 2 hours to set up.. they don’t freeze all the way through so easily come to room temp. when you’re ready to serve them. The freezing process is necessary in order for the cakes to hold their shape.
I’ve got lots more recipes just like this one.. so keep checking the blog and subscribe so you can get my recipes delivered directly to your inbox, pics and all… it’s pretty cool!
Hi I'm Karen
The Vegan Hippie-Chick Newsletter
*Sign up and receive emails filled with vegan lifestyle tips, news and special offers right in your inbox